PET EMERGENCY INFORMATION: We love when you bring your pet on vacation with you, just make sure you pack and plan for them! Click the link for information on the nearest animal emergency hospital, so you’re always prepared
There’s no shame in admitting that your dog is the most important member of your family. We get it, we love our furry friends just as much as you do. Which is why we have compiled a sampling of pet friendly activities in the Mt. Washington Valley.
Here, you’ll find pet friendly dining and pet friendly lodging in the Mt. Washington Valley that will treat your pet with as much comfort and service as it does your human travel partners! We have also outlined some great trails to take your dog on in the Mt. Washington Valley. There are even pet friendly shops in Mt. Washington Valley as well!
For more tips and ideas when visiting the Mt. Washington Valley, sign up for our monthly newsletter, Vacation Inspirations!
TAKE YOUR DOG FOR A WALK!
- Let your dog run free in North Conway, in Schouler Park! Located right in North Conway Village, spend your morning taking your pup for a walk up and down Main Street, while you window shop and sip on a coffee from The Met or Frontside Coffee Roasters.
After grab a sandwich from Beef and Ski and make your way across the street to Schouler Park. Play fetch in front of the iconic Conway Scenic Railroad and stretch out in this local park, open to dogs and their owners
- The Mountain Division Trail in Fryeburg, Maine is an eight mile paved path. It’s a great option to bring your pup for a run or walk, and it’s stroller and bike friendly. This trail network provides controlled terrain for those looking to get mileage in for the day. The MWV Trails Association provides information on this trail system as well as others throughout the Mt. Washington Valley.
- Theater in the Wood offers miles of trails to bring your dog on. It is walk-able and bike-able in spring, summer, and fall; and XC-ski-able, snowshoe-able and walk-able as well in the winter. This trail system is a real gem for pet friendly fun in the Mt. Washington Valley. Theater in the Wood also features the “Storybook Trail,” which is an initiative supported by the Believe in Books Literacy Foundation that shares the space at Theater in the Wood. Families can walk this trail and read a story on plaques that mark the trail.
TAKE YOUR DOG SHOPPING!
- Four Your Paws Only is known as the “local canine hangout. This award winning, pet-friendly store caters to pets and their owners by providing the best customer service, the best quality supplies, locally made pet products and all natural pet foods. They also offer the most unique pet themed gifts, a pet bakery and an exceptional shopping experience for you and your pet. Also unique to Four Your Paws Only, is its in-store Puppy Playroom where they host walk-in Doggie Playgroups every Saturday and Sundays, at no charge.
- Percy Paws, located in Settlers’ Green, carries your four-legged friends favorite made-in-the-USA brands! Pet friendly treats, including a CBD treat line, desserts and more are all available. Percy Paws is also committed to supporting local non-profits who support animal welfare.
- You can also feel comfortable to walk right into The Rugged Mill in North Conway – they welcome your pet with open arms! An outdoor specialty oasis, The Rugged Mill is family owned and operated offering brands such as Patagonia, Pendleton, Arborwear, Outback Trading, Royal Robbins, Toad & Co., Kavu & Kuhl.
- Settlers Green offers open space to roam from store to store with your pet! While individual shops within the outlet village have different pet protocols, the courtyard in Settlers Green is still a great place to hang with your pup while the rest of your crew shops!
And you won’t want to miss its regular Pup and Pints series. On the last Friday from April through October, bring your Pup to Settlers Green to listen to live music on the Patio of the Month. Your dog will receive a free dog treat from Percy Paws and a you will receive a wooden token for a free pint of ice cream at Trails End Ice Cream. A wooden token may also be used for a discounted beer at the restaurant during the event.
DOGGIE DAY CARE IN MT. WASHINGTON VALLEY!
- Pet Rendezvous is a great option for you to take your dog if you’re looking for a way to expend his/her’s extra energy, increase its socialization with other animals or enjoy a day off from pet duty yourself! Pet Rednezvous is a valley institution that has been offering professional pet care for well over 20 years. You can choose from a range of pet experiences where pets will have access to two large outdoor play yards loving handlers and more! Pet Rednezvous also offers an array of services from grooming to a retail shop in addition to its doggie daycare options.
- Aunt Cindy’s Albany Pet Care is another fantastic option for pet care. “The Next Best Place to Being Home”, Aunt Cindy’s offers dog training, walks, 5 large fenced indoor/outdoor play yards and more!
PET FRIENDLY LODGING IN MT. WASHINGTON VALLEY!
- Admiral Peary House B&B is located in Fryeburg, Maine; minutes from Weston’s Beach and the Mountain Division Trail! It prides itself on being a pet friendly inn through and through with two dogs and a cat that will greet you – along with the inn-keeper – upon your arrival!
- The White Mountain Hotel, Oxen Yoke Inn, Cranmore Inn are also just a small sampling of lodging properties that welcome pets. The valley has many, many other hotels, inns, B&B’s, and motels that would be so excited to welcome your furry family member! For a list of other pet-friendly accommodations, click here.
PET FRIENDLY DINING IN MT. WASHINGTON VALLEY!
The foodie scene is thriving in the Mt. Washington Valley, and there is no shortage of places to find where you can get an awesome meal. From casual pub food to fine dining to food trucks, the chefs of Mt. Washington Valley are crushing their craft and serving up delicious food! The best part? Many of them welcome your dog to join them for dinner!
- Beef and Ski has been around for awhile and the folks there have perfected their craft! They’re serving up fresh house-roasted beef sandwiches, BBQ baby back pork ribs, home made onion rings, and more, which you can enjoy for its comfortable outdoor patio with your pet!
- Chef’s Bistro offers intimate patio seating on the front walkway of its restaurant where you can enjoy one of our personal favorites – the Turkey Avocado Club and a martini – while you people-watch with your pet in North Conway Village.
- Cathedral Ledge Distillery is located in North Conway. It distills organic vodka, gin and aquavit on-site and pours it out with a huge smile and a boat-load of passion. Serving up tastings in a beautiful post-and-beam barn with views of Cathedral Ledge in the background, this distillery is truly one-of-a-kind in the Mt. Washington Valley. Dogs are welcome inside and may even be greeted by the distillery’s own dog, Belle! Tastings are available through online bookings or walk-ins if space allows! Tastings of its spirits, bottle sales, and merchandise are also available for purchase.
- 302 West, Cheese Louise food truck, and Black Cap are just a few other pet friendly restaurants in the Mt. Washington Valley that also offer outdoor seating options that welcome pets! For a complete list of valley restaurants, click here.